Today I was trying to consume an external video API for streaming a set of videos; so I got the code for the PHP source, create all my configuration but when I tried to get the actual data from the external server via cURL; I was obtaining nothing; so, in order to get the error’s message, this is what I did:
Which basically gets the error after the connection. The message was the following one:
SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
1) Download the certificate from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
2) Create a folder under your home:
3) Copy or move the file with the certificate you just downloaded:
mv /Users/alex/Downloads/cacert.pem /Users/alex/ssl
4) Open your php.ini and look for this directive curl.cainfo (the path should vary, depending on your system or meta-package you are using: WAMP, XAMPP, AMPPS have different paths).
[curl] ; A default value for the CURLOPT_CAINFO option. This is required to be an ; absolute path. curl.cainfo =
5) Type there you path to the certificate; for example in my case, this was the configuration I did:
curl.cainfo = /Users/alex/ssl/cacert.pem
6) Restart your Apache.